Ice Watch is an international, collaborative program to coordinate Arctic-wide visual sea ice observations collected from ships operating in ice-covered seas of the northern hemisphere, with resources to:
- Record ship based sea ice observations using the Arctic Shipborne Sea Ice Standardization Tool (ASSIST) software
- Access data collected on current cruises using ASSIST
- archive and retrieve past observations
ASSIST software has been developed to help you collect and archive data. You will need to create an Ice Watch account to register your participation, and upload your data. To participate in Ice Watch please:
- Download ASSIST
- Download observation sheets and codes, and acquaint yourself with ASPeCt observation protocols.
- Create and manage cruise datasets
- Upload and manage observations
You will require an account that has been verified by the Ice Watch team to create cruise data sets, upload and manage data.
- to link to our database
- to use ASSIST in your own data collection
- if you have old Ice Watch data that is not in the ASSIST format